Monday, 12 November 2012

Just gota ride it


Hey world,

I realise its been a while since my last update on here and that is completely due to my laziness. As a result ill try do it all in one leaving some things out but keeping in enough to get you up to date.

Visiting day can be a stressful day since it really feels like every movement is being monitored and judged by the parents, even though it probably isn’t since they are there to see their kids. For me visiting day was great and stress free… I love my kids since they are so awesome and as expected all the parents were also great so makes my life very easy. waterfront was busy – as always – thanks to it being a really hot day and the parents wanting to join their kids in rec swim but it was nothing out of control and counts offs were surprisingly good.

At the end of the day I had one child hysterical, thankfully managed to calm him down in 10 mins, and two others just homesick, which isn’t a bad result since I expected 4 or 5 to be in tears. The big thing for the kids when visiting day is all over is the candy. This is the first year that my kids were not left with mountains of candy of their beds. There was a cookie cake, sugar, endless muffins, sugar, cokes and lots and lots of sugar! I did talk my kids into letting me store it all in one cubby which made the taking away of the candy much easier.

Yes that’s right we are the evil monsters that take away all the candy that the kids are given but we do give them a couple of days before we raid the bunks. And wow did we raid them. Me and a few other counsellors – and kids were helping by the end – decided to go on candy patrol like a swat team. Giant bags on our backs were filled, and kids were trying desperately to hide anything they could. That’s were the kids that decided to help came into it. They knew the hiding places and told us where it was! My favorite place they tried was behind one of the staff bunks, don’t know how they expected to keep the animals from getting to it but you have to admire their desperation.

Sadly this year I am not on any trips. However I did utilise my last day off to go to six flags! I really am like a giant 5 year old when it comes to theme parks but when there is giant rollercoasters involved there is no stopping me! I would go on and on about it all but I think ill just jump to the end and talk about the newest addition to the park, which is accurately named ‘Goliath’

Goliath is one where you sit down and have your feet dangling – I don’t know the technical term for it. It starts by pulling you straight back and straight up so you are hanging there vertically for a couple of seconds. After it releases you, you fly straight down, past all the people waiting to go on it next – which terrifies them – and into a series of loops and corkscrews staying upside down for a while as well. Now while this may sound just like any other one you have been on before here is the kicker. After all the loops and what not, you once again go straight up into a vertical position except this time you are facing upwards. It holds you there for a while and then it drops you causing you do the whole right again going backwards. It is insanely good and a day off well spent!

Its not long now till the greylock olympics. The kids are getting excited and to be honest so are we. Im just nervous cause I used all the chants I know last year :S oh well nothing wrong with a little recycling.

Take care all

No comments:

Post a Comment