Monday, 12 November 2012

born in the usa..


Hey world

Okay so maybe the title isn’t entirely true since I was born in the land down under, but I did spend my day off celebrating a big day for those who are born in the usa. The fourth of july is much more than just the day after the third and one before the fifth over here. I was lucky enough to have the day off and even luckier to have something awesome to do to fill the time.

I spent my day at a friends place with roughly 16 others enjoying a house party taking part in their own version of beer olympics, crazy ways to enter a pool via a diving board and of course awesome food, while I know any food out of camp falls under that category, this was genuinely awesome food.

After passing up a sleep-in due to a relatively early pick up plan, imagine how glad I was when I learnt of the time mix up which meant I could of actually slept for a couple of extra hours. Okay so maybe that’s not entirely accurate, to be fair I do live with kids and they would have had me awake at the same time as usual regardless of what I wanted, but to at least pretend I have the option to sleep is kind of nice!

After actually getting there the realisation of not having to be at camp all day but still being able to have fun with camp people where we can just be normal was a great moment. the events during beer olympics varied from beer pong to icing and badminton to Frisbee. I discovered that I have a sharp shot when it comes to beer pong and came away with an easy win. Even managed to ice someone with a Smirnoff black. Needless to say it all made for an awesome day out.

While it is a very brief version of events from the day, especially when I could go on and on, I think the pictures I put up are enough to show how the day went. Soon is the swim meet so its time to put the teams together and pray that we can break our 2 year drought and come away with the win.

Take care all

No comments:

Post a Comment