Hey world.
This could be a long
post most likely confusing, stupid, sometimes off topic and all round crazy…
Just saying…
I am typing this
sitting on a top bunk waiting for a little spider that is just over my head to
get away from the safety of being suspended in its web and instead find itself
of the wall which in turn will result with my fist being slammed up against it
most likely crushing it or at least making it unhappy enough to leave. So look
forward to some sort of update on that!
With that out of the
way, and the spider most likely terrified for his life given its impending
doom, ill get on with how my world has been lately. When I decided to do these
initially a few years ago I decided I’d stay honest and try give people an
insight into what’s going on over here, So while I assure you all is fine now,
I suppose I should start with the downside of late so I can get it out of the
way and carry on with the fun stuff! The camping world has been quite a mixture
of everything lately. Firstly for all the ex-counsellors who I sent a message
to asking them so very politely to change their mind and come back to camp
rather than what ever new adventure their life is taking them on, I do
apologise. Now you may wonder why I’d apologise for that, well its because when
I said I ‘politely’ just now, I probably should of said abused or harassed
cause lets face it, I may have gotten out of hand trying to get my point
across. I have found things tough of late given some of the people I spent the
last 1 or 2 years with wont be returning and for the first time in a long time
the world actually felt like a big place because they are now, and are going to
stay, so far away. Now while I do still want you all to come back, I will do my
best to say it in a nicer way. But while there was plenty going though my head
to prompt this, some of which im sure many people could make arguments for me
being assigned to a padded room, I managed to stop all that and now this world
is once again my friend!
Now the weekend just
gone was the closest to a long weekend that precamp, or camp itself, can get.
As always we finish work at lunch on Saturday and have the Sunday off, which by
the end of the week is most welcome, however this time we got a bonus day! Oh yeah
look at me being excited for the simplest of things! It was memorial day here
in USA, which camp did have a bbq and drinks up top to start the long weekend –
just cause I apologised doesn’t mean I wont be trying to make you wish you were
here exstaff! – now just another random fact ill throw in for anyone not coming
back this year. The same night of our bbq up top, which yes I know is never
called a bbq here, an unnamed Scotsman returner, who you may or may not
remember, kind of extinguished a room and hallway just cause he could but has
no recollection of the event. So yeah not a lot has changed here haha…
Sunday was the first
full day off which was utilised very well! I was able to catch up with a friend
from last year who lives near by – which is always awesome! – Followed by making the most of not
having to work – that’s a fancy way of saying I did absolutely nothing! – It
ended with a brilliant end at the movies as a group of us went to see the
avengers. To be honest I thought the hype of the movie was going to make it
less exciting but it was fantastic. Don’t think ive actually laughed so much
during an action movie but for anyone who has seen it im sure you understand
why it couldn’t be helped. For all those who haven’t seen it… why not? Stop
reading this and go right now, you can read the rest later, off you go.
For all those still
here kudos to you and anyone who just got back from seeing the movie I hope you
enjoyed it!
To add to a day well
spent, the weather was fantastic! Id guess –
BAM!! Well that time
has come and my crawly little companion found the wall and the bam of my fist
met his body. I’m sad to say he will not be joining us in future posts.
- where was i… oh yeah
id guess the temperature was just over mid 20s in the world of Celsius - and to
all those still using Fahrenheit, catch up and use Celsius! – I don’t know for
sure but that would be my guess.
Monday, being memorial
day itself, was day off #2. It was a very unusual day, in a good way, and I
question whether my morning serving of cherios had something put in them cause
I was essentially bouncing off the walls all day, a little hyperactive and
overall on cloud 9! While im no longer hyperactive, I still seem to be holding
onto cloud 9. I used this day to get online although with this not being
written I had nothing new to upload so was happy to just catch up on whats
going on at home and chat to friends in England. Naturally with all the good
luck going my way it was another awesome day.
As with all good
things they must come to an end. And oh boy did they end when it was back to
work… but ill get back to that. Today (Tuesday) we were back into precamp and
for the first part of it I was back in the truck – ute - moving things around.
The fact the truck doesn’t have an air conditioner isn’t usually an issue.
Except when you have a day like today! Im convinced it got to 30degrees today
cause wow it was hotter than the average! The precamp staff has been replaced
with lobsters thanks to the lovely redness they are all now sporting. As I
always do, ill be blaming my mum for the fact I got burnt today due to the
genes I have from her and her red hair. But if all goes as I expect, it will
take two days and ill be brown – thanks dad.
Today was that fateful
day that anyone who has done precamp dreads. The job that isn’t mentioned in
hope that maybe they will forget and we wont have to do it. Yes that’s right
ex-precampers out there… today was tennis courts! Or at least the start of. ill
try give an accurate rundown of why such a simple sounding job is, not to put
to fine a point on it, hell. Firstly there isn’t just one or two courts. There
is… well to be honest I don’t know but id guess at 15? At the end of every
summer planks of wood or all shapes, sizes and widths are put over the lines to
try protect them from the elements. Being a clay courts they do tend to shift a
little as well. To ensure these planks don’t move rocks, of all shapes and
sizes, are put on top. Job 1: remove all planks and rocks… after that is done
we have to start raking the courts to get all of the little rocks that have
come to the surface out of there. In the space of I think 4 hours today we got
the equivalent of just over one whole court done… and im not even sure if we did
it right to be honest. This is partly due to people slowly finding their own
way to successfully dislodge the rocks but also thanks to the heat we needed
drink breaks much more often than usual. Job 2: get the rocks out and try not
to go insane while doing it… thankfully time was up and we had to stop for the
day which meant jump in the lake cause its so hot!! Woo!! It was only a short
jump in due to a storm that was on its way finally getting close enough to mean
no one in the water. And when it comes accompanied by tornado warnings and
looks like the rapture I think its fair enough that we just go up to eat and
then stay inside for the night.
Which brings me to now. I sit here on a bed, a storm thundering away
outside, lights occasionally flickering, wondering if any of the spiders
friends saw what I did and now plot against me throughout the night or maybe
will just bide their time to exact their revenge. What ever the situation may
be im glad to say precamp, with all its tennis court, burnt body, rollercoaster
week and lack of returners… is still pretty awesome
No comments:
Post a Comment