Hey world,
--side note-- As with
most of my first posts this will be broken up as I type it at different times
on my way to new york. Also, as with most posts I do get distracted and go off
track a little bit or just ignore the laws of grammar completely. Im not a
writer I just do it for fun don’t go expecting anything too good here--
I feel that I have to
start with this again just to make sure I don’t receive any messages or emails
asking why people weren’t tagged in this to be able to read it for those reading
it on facebook. I am simply tagging a mixture of people that might be
interested in it but also at least one from each part of my life so everyone
will see its up rather than going through and choosing you all.
With that out of the
way im happy to say that it is finally the day that I go away… after the first
two rhyming words I thought id go on with it but for don’t worry ill be doing
all in my power to ensure I never write anything like that again. For anyone
who has read what I write while im away will surely know that getting from
Melbourne to new york is usually one of the most painful experiences of my
trip. Year one had an hour delay which lead to me running through LAX to get on
the connecting flight. Much like the disaster of year two with the long delay
and change of connecting flights, which just happened to also result in me
running through LAX.
I’m not the kind of
person who believes in signs when small things happen but things didn’t start
well when the night before im flying out im told online checking in wont let me
cause the information they have about me says I don’t have what I need to
travel. My visa and I disagreed and it was Luke 1 – Qantas 0 after I explained
that to them over the phone. History, or even the last 12 months, has made me
sceptical as to whether I would ever have a normal experience when flying to
America. Well to enjoy the use of a cliché, third times a charm – having said
that if things had gone different I would have been going for ‘things come in
threes’ but I guess I can save that for a rainy day. The trip to the airport
was met with no traffic at all, checking in my bag I had no issues either with
the weight of it coming to just over 18kg - kudos to my sister sarah and her
freakish ability to be human weighing scales for guessing that correctly –
while waiting to board I managed to be able to chat with a nice woman from
Canada and a guy from America rather than listen to people bitch about Qantas
service, which I usually am nice enough to do in my head and then vent to the
world via social media. But the biggest thing of them all… I was on the plane
and we were taxiing out of the airport on time. ill give you a moment so you
can re-read that cause I certainly hope you realise how big of an achievement
that is.
While I brag about the
current stretch of good luck and happy times I must admit that I am still on
the flight from Melbourne to LAX – scheduled to arrive on time – so I shouldn’t
go getting carried away since I don’t know what is around the next corner. Fingers
are crossed the way things have started are only a sign of what’s to come!
Im currently sitting in LAX. feel free to skip
this next part if you must but given I am always ready to jump on anything that
goes wrong on the way out here I think its only fair that I give credit when
its due. I cannot think of a time when I have flown with Qantas, or any other
airline and had an easier time of it than what has happened so far. Not only
did we leave on time but we have arrived 30 minutes earlier than scheduled!
That accompanied by the overly enthusiastic air hostess that was always ready
to help certainly is a nice change than the stressing out and running that I
usually greet LAX with. Now I actually have to wait an hour till its boarding
time for my connecting flight. Ill be sure to wrap this up and get it online
after I get to new york but so far so good!
At the hostel and the
only thing that held me up was bad weather in new york making us land a little
later. Cant complain with that. Although who ever was kind enough to put
something heavy enough on my bad to slightly bend the back so the handle doesn’t
come out any more im not impressed and be happy everything has gone well so far
or id make a much bigger deal out of it! Well new york hasn’t changed. I still
fear for my life the entire time im in the shuttle has the driver plays cut off
the traffic as if they were in grand theft auto or need for speed but
thankfully its just expected here so the other cars are ready for it. Now I get
to enjoy a sleep tonight and hopefully wake up without jetlag! Not likely but
wow it would be nice huh.
Well I guess ill leave
it there. Forgive all the areas of this that don’t make sense – there is always
a couple – it is my longest day of the year after all given its still Monday for
me.
Take care
No comments:
Post a Comment