hey world...
The exhaustion level was high at the end of all the olympics with late nights sorting out songs and shopping for crazy stuff for outfits combined with early mornings to get everything ready and plan how we were going to tackle the day. Imagine how excited I was to learn there was going to be a late wake up the next day! :D… imagine my reaction when the kids in my bunk woke me up wondering why they hadn’t been woken up at the proper time… yes… it happened… thankfully we had 2 late wake ups and the second one went much more to plan then the first. These 2 days were little help though when the 3rd day after olympics was campers day out.. which for the braves and chiefs (10 and 11 year olds) meant a day out to 6 flags new england. Now I am in a situation of been there done that BUT the group of kids I was with, 3 of them in total, had chosen water park area and games arcade as their main selection.. that is the part I didn’t end up going to! Winner!! :D… the 3 kids I was with are great boys and I was so happy to be with that cause I knew there was going to be no issues right from the outset. I joined forces with james and put all our kids together so we had 7 over all and his were really good much like mine and ‘team Australia’ was born so there was no way it wasn’t going to be a great day.
One down side was that that one of the kids had hurt themselves the day before so couldn’t go on slides and another wanted to stay with him to make sure he was okay… but that didn’t ruin anything!... okay so first stop was off to the arcade games… which started at one of those water gun games where they try for the big stuffed animals. It was very funny to see the kids choosing pink fluffy unicorns and for anyone who has seen the movie ‘despicable me’ im sure you could understand why… the boy who hurt himself won an endless amount of tickets so got a lot of stuff so he was happy and me and james somehow managed to keep the kids playing these little simple games for 3 hours right up till lunch!! And they loved every minute of it… after lunch and a show it was off to the water park. We convinced the kids that instead of lining up for a long time for big water slides its better to go on the smaller, but still fun, slides so they got more turns! Big win there. The crowd favourite was definitely the ‘lazy river’… sit in a tube and get pushed by the currents with little waterfalls along the way. So simple but they loved it. The 2 boys that didn’t go in the water were still happy and being the nice counsellors we are, we bought them all snow cones – yeah the size of a snowman!!!! Wtf – to say thankyou for being so good and not making us chase them like I was imagining would happen. now all down brave row is endless basketballs and stuffed creatures, including a giant chef thing from southpark that one of the boys in my bunk won and its actually bigger then him. Not long now till the kiddies go home.
Only a few nights left.. I’ll write about those another time. Bye for now
Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment