I thought I would start
this off with one of the more unusual/difficult jobs I have been a part of
during precamp. On senior side there is a thin dock – that is never used by the
way. It is mainly there because we own the part of the lake but if we didn’t
have something there we might lose it or something like that I don’t know exact
reasons behind it but at the end of the day its there! Or at least it should
be. Camp was hit with quite the storm – I think – which dislodged the dock and
had it no longer in its usual place. Im not sure if it magically floated there
or was put there – the later being the more likely – but it was somehow around
near the main dock which is on junior side. As everyone was given their morning
jobs a crew was given the job of swimming it back around to where it was
suppose to be and put it back on the supports that were still in the water
dockless. I wasn’t initially on this crew but neither was half of the people
that were involved in getting it back into place. Swimming it around, easy
done. Putting it back into place, not so easy! In the end 3 or 4 crews combined
and it took roughly 15 guys and one woman – which lets face it, she worked
harder than we did and probably is the only reason it got into place – to put
it where it is now. Its not perfect, definitely still unusable given its half
under water :S… but its there! And we can once again claim it as our own.
So yeah things are a
bit different lately. It is currently less than 24 hours till our numbers
dramatically grow! However it will not be an invasion like previous years given
precamp is already 70+ people strong instead of the usual 40ish. Unfortunately
people are still getting injured or sick lately which is not ideal but for now
anything involving me is only minor with a sore shoulder and fending off a
little bit of a cold. Unless you count sunburn because yesterday being the
fantastic day it was led to me laying on the dock for longer than I should of
and now my back is so so red. Once again ill put the blame on mum for that :)
The only reason it has
taken so long to get to this next part is due to the dock story distracting me.
So as I mentioned in a previous post we went bowling!! I feel like this
deserves a bit of a build up so stay with me for a moment… last time I spoke of
bowling I had dared to hope for a seemingly impossible dream that involved a
repeat of my previous bowling efforts and getting a few strikes in a row… I am
pleased to type this out to inform you that… I managed to get 3 strikes in a
row! woooo!!!!! Even with the build up I gave it and all that, sadly my score
was not so spectacular. I won in our group but there was plenty better than me.
After bowling we tried our hand a some mini golf cause its at the same place so
why not. Overall it was a very successful night out and I think everyone who
went had a great time which is the main thing. Last night was our last night
out as precamp which was spent watching a movie. when I think about my first
year when a big group of us went to see toy story 3 I think it is a dramatic change
that this year our last outing to the movies was to see Prometheus… parts of
the movie were… well… different.. but even with me feeling slightly violated by
what the worm thingys were doing to the people it was still a good scifi movie.
That really does it
for this update. A short one I know but I think its fair enough given the long
drawn out posts of recent times. Hope all is well in your world where ever that
is!
Take care all
No comments:
Post a Comment